Thursday, March 29, 2007

Okay, I can admit it, I was wrong.

Yes, good reader, like I said in my first post on this blog, I can admit without shame when I am wrong. And wrong I was when I posted earlier today that Kyle Sampson would lie his ass off to the Senate Judiciary Committee about the firing of eight U.S. prosecutors because they weren't politicizing their cases like the Bush regime and Republican lawmakers wanted them to. Ari Berman of The Nation writes that Alberto Gonzalez's former chief of staff decided, in his own self-interest, to abandon the sinking ship that is the Attorney General's office.

In testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee today, Sampson contradicted Gonzales's claims that he was not directly involved in the firing of eight US attorneys.

"[I] was not involved in seeing any memos, was not involved in any discussions about what was going on," Gonzales told reporters on March 13. Not true, Sampson says.

"The Attorney General was aware of this process from the beginning," Sampson testified.



I thought Sampson would continue to take the fall for his boss. But like the Rude Pundit so eloquently wrote the other day, it's turning out to be a matter of the "criminals turning on each other faster than hyenas going at the last bit of a carcass." Sampson went into detail about Gonzalez's direct involvement in the decision to sack the eight prosecutors for failing to politicize their cases.

Maybe he figured, as a comment on Berman's piece speculates, that since he was under oath and Lewis Libby got convicted for perjury and obstruction of justice, he'd better play it smart and rat out his former boss.


he's under oath, and they have all the e-mails, and he knows what happened to
Libby. Karl Rove? the man is a political genius.

Posted by JOHANNESROLF 03/29/2007 @ 1:04pm



It could be that, but maybe there's a bit of revenge for being made the fall guy, the guy they sacked even though he was a loyal lackey. If it were me, I'd be harboring some mighty bitter feelings for having been giving walking papers just to save one of the asshole-in-chief's buddies, who really doesn't deserve it anyway and let's face it, Gonzalez really is a creepy motherfucker isn't he? Why shouldn't Sampson sing like a canary in a cage?

The fascist Bush got to appoint Attorney General is going down. The signs are there, and it is only a matter of time before he follows Donald Rumsfeld into political retirement. Like I said, it's all about saving the rat bastard-in-chief, and when it comes to that anyone is expendible.

No comments: